When Are You Going To China?

The Diary of our wait for Emma, somewhere in China

Thursday, July 19, 2012

"Hey Big Boy!"

Last night I went out to dinner with friends and Doug took Emma to Frisch's for dinner, aka Frisch's Big Boy...Emma knows the restaurant as Frisch's, but last night Doug referred to it as Big Boy.  While they were dining, an older boy walked past their table and Emma yelled at the kid, "Hey Big Boy!". 

D. was cracking up when he relayed the story and I can't stop chuckling at the imagery of her yelling, "Hey Big Boy"...I'm going to assume, since Emma usually refers to kids larger than her as "older", she has now realized big can also be used for older...or maybe the kid looked like Big Boy...who knows, but it's funny/ironic and a little weird for a toddler to be yelling, "Hey Big Boy".

Emma and I had a conversation about Frisch's just last week...we drove past the restaurant and she tried to get me to take her there for dinner.  I told Emma Frisch's was YUCK (in my opinion it is yuck) and she replied, "No, Frisch's is fun" and continued to be very passionate about the fact that Frisch's is not YUCK all the way home.  I kept asking why Frisch's was fun, but she could never verbalize why it's so fun...I'm going to go out on a limb and say she thinks it's fun because that's where someone gave hera Sprite instead of milk to drink.

Yes, I got sucked into a 10 minute debate with a toddler over why a restaurant is yucky and I'm ok with that...our car conversations are hilarious lately, it's probably my favorite part of the day because Emma has not much else to distract her and she just talks and talks.  This morning, she told me a very elaborate story about a dream she had involving a bear and in her words, "and my ears were popping right off but I put them back on".  WHAT?!  Did she dream a bear tore her ears off?  It must not have been a scary dream though because she was smiling ear to ear while telling the tale and was even laughing when talking about her ears popping right off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones