When Are You Going To China?

The Diary of our wait for Emma, somewhere in China

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

First Triangle

Last night we were drawing with chalk on the driveway...Emma yelled for me to look at her drawing and I expected to see the normal, a blob of not much...she drew her first triangle!  Her brain is really firing/absorbing right now...she is asking tons of questions, wanting to know what everything is and how items work.  Emma is also drawing mostly in the lines when we color, however she will only color with one color and the force in which she colors and paints, usually puts a hole in the paper...very intense and passionate about her art.

While we were chalking the driveway, the neighbor came over to chat and view our work.  Emma demanded that he draw a picture of her, so John drew Emma's head...Emma stood with her hands on her hips and told him she needed arms too.  I told him he might as well draw the whole body, because a face is no longer good enough.  John drew a full bodied Emma, then she demanded John draw her Daddy...he said he was going home to cook dinner, Emma was too bossy and chatty, lol.

I had a dental emergency yesterday and the assistant was showing Emma how all the tools work...she loves mechanical stuff and the tools made her morning.  When the Dentist was working in my mouth, Emma was inches from my face, watching the work happen and asking questions...She was obsessed with the bib clips and suction, tried to carry the clips home with us.  There was also a moment where the dentist turned the light off and Emma told him he needed the light back on to see in my mouth...telling the Dentist how to do his job...priceless

When we watch educational shows, the cartoon/live person asks questions and Emma has starting to respond with the answers this week...I always wondered if she was really watching/absorbing, because she is so busy, even when the TV is on, so I will typically count along, say the colors etc. to get her more absorbed into what they are teaching; even when the TV is on,  her legs are constantly kicking around, she is standing while watching or dressing her babies/animals.  The other night I laughed at myself, because I realized I'm sort of the same...I can sit still while the show is on, but as soon as a commercial comes on, I'm on the move until the show is back on.  Last night Emma was running around the house and told me her legs hurt...I said that's because she needs to sit more!  When we were at the park yesterday Emma was running around, sweating all over the place and she came up to me and asked why she was crying...sweat was pouring from her head, into her eyes!  She sweats all the time, indoors and outdoors because she is always on the move. 

.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones