When Are You Going To China?

The Diary of our wait for Emma, somewhere in China

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Scaling the wall

Emma can now officially climb into her crib, by herself...however she seems leery of climbing out, which is good, but I'm sure that won't last long.  Last night Emma said she was going to put herself to bed, so I told her to go for it, then clicked on the baby monitor real fast to see what would happen when she entered her room.  Emma scaled the crib like she had been climbing in forever and had the biggest grin on her face at the accomplishment.  I normally cuddle/rock her for 30 seconds before tucking her in the crib, so last night I just rubbed her back and told her and all her stuffies good night since she changed the order.  She didn't ask me to rock her, but she did demand, "cover me up!".  Over the last week she also yells, as I'm exiting the room, "don't let the bed bugs bite".  Emma gets the biggest kick out of me tucking all of her animals in and telling them goodnight, so that is also a new routine.  I've watched her on the monitor re-enacting my putting everyone to bed, and usually in the morning she has all the stuffies in a row, covered at least 3 blankets deep and tells them goodnight, one by one.  Taking herself to bed carried on into nap time today, so it looks like this might be the new routine...growing independent too fast!

Yesterday we went to the zoo and there was a big realization of how much of a little girl Emma is versus the baby she was last year.  She asks so many questions about the animals and landscape and yells out "hi" to the animals.  In the Children's Zoo, she went into the goat pen and brushed them, which she would have never done last year.  Doug said I needed to watch out, she might try to put the goat in clothes if given the opportunity...most of her stuffed animals wear outfits, so I'm pretty sure she would try and dress a goat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones