When Are You Going To China?

The Diary of our wait for Emma, somewhere in China

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Take your order please?

Last night, Emma decided she was a waitress.  She followed me all around the house, with a notepad and a blue crayon for about 30 minutes, asking to take my order.  Chicken nuggets and a milkshake were all that were on Emma's menu however and I wasn't allowed to order anything but these two items as hard as I tried. Yesterday her Neeney Karen came to visit and I suspect maybe they played waitress, because this is a brand new imaginary play scenario...or Emma just came up with it on her own...she comes up with a lot on her own lately.

During waitress time, there was a bat catching in progress, in the basement, which unfazed Emma...she wanted to go in the basement, while taking orders of chicken nuggets.  The bat was finally captured and placed in a tupperware container for us to see...gross.  Emma was wary of the bat at first glance, said something about, "bat no eat or bite me" and when I reassured her the bat couldn't get out, she said, "I like it, I want to keep it".  Right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones