When Are You Going To China?

The Diary of our wait for Emma, somewhere in China

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Zippers

A few days ago, Emma was curious about the zipper on my fleece jacket, so I held her fingers in my hand while I zipped the jacket up and down.  Of course she thought this was hilarious and now when she sees a zipper, she grabs my hand and puts it on the zipper.

This morning when I went into Emma's room, I found her with her PJ's partially unzipped.  She still had the neck tab snapped, but her chest was fully exposed.  I couldn't stop laughing and had to wake Doug up so he could see this for himself.  Hopefully this was a one-time only find because the weather dipped and her room is a bit chilly for her to be climbing out of her pj's.  I'm not sure she realizes yet that if she is cold she should cover up with a blanket.  The blankets she primarily uses to cuddle with and to throw around/shake out when she wakes up, not really to cover up with.

Emma is catching on fast with getting dressed/undressed and now helps push arms in and is able to pull shirts over her head.  We are probably only a few months away from the dressing "wars" most parents experience as kids want to dress themselves, but not fully capable of buttoning etc.  That's also Emma's other new favorite, buttons.  If we have one on our clothing she points to it and wants us to say "button".




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones