When Are You Going To China?

The Diary of our wait for Emma, somewhere in China

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

A Pony

No, Emma is not getting a pony for her birthday, but she might be wearing a Ponytail; the stick up straight from your head, sprout-like style on her big day.  The kid loves her "pony" and asks for one before she is out of her crib in the AM.  Emma also likes Momma to wear a ponytail and will try to bunch my hair into one if I'm not sporting a pony when I grab her from the crib in the morning.  Last night I had my hair in a ponytail and I was seated on the floor below Emma, while she was watching Barney; Emma stroked my ponytail for about 5 minutes, even though her eyes were glued to the T.V....I stole a glance of Emma and she had a very relaxed look and smile on her face as she watched Barney and played with my hair...too cute. 

Emma also likes barrettes, but must have two, not one...her demand, not momma's.  I put one barrette in and she asks/signs "more".  As far as hair doodads go, she really doesn't have the volume or texture, so all day long they slide out, she gets concerned about the sliding and we readjust..all.day.long.  I am grateful that Emma will tolerate the hair doodads as her bangs are growing out though because I know a lot of kids are like, NOWAY and yank them out, along with the hair that isn't very abundant to begin with.  The hair in her eyes makes me insane, but doesn't seem to bother her.

When we were in China, I was "given" advice several times to shave Emma's head to make it grow in thicker and faster...apparently that's what they do in their culture.  At the time, I wasn't willing to cut off the amount of hair that had grown in since her referral paperwork, it seemed like so much, but now, I look at the pictures and crack up...she didn't really have hair and I should have shaved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones