When Are You Going To China?

The Diary of our wait for Emma, somewhere in China

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bedtime must-haves

Elmo, three bears of various sizes, two babies, Minnie Mouse, Lassie the dog, Mr. Sock Monkey, 3 blankets, 2 character pillows and a bear hat...yes, a bear hat.  I had to carry a majority of these items in a laundry bag yesterday morning because Emma wants to be carried when she wakes up, but wants her friends to come too.  I will not willingly die on the stairs trying to carry 27lbs of toddler and a booty of stuffies, so the laundry bag is an excellent solution.  I could "just say no" and not be so indulgent, but carrying them down seems to start the day off on a high note, which is really important now that the terrible 2's are here and I have her for 11 hours of the day solo.

You are probably wondering how there is room for Emma in the crib, but I promise, the crib is plenty big enough for "everyone", no reason to call CPS.  One morning I climbed into the crib with Emma and her friends...still plenty of room and Emma thought mommy in the crib was hilarious...full of smiles that day.

This evening when I put Emma to bed, she screamed for about 10 seconds as I walked out the door and closed it, then I watched her from the monitor, rifling thru all her crib stuff, find the bear hat, put the bear hat on, adjust the bear hat into a few different positions, look around for a few seconds, throw the hat off, lay down, then pass out.  Video monitors are the greatest invention ever...I wish we had bought one that records, but I didn't know she was going to be this funny when purchasing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones