When Are You Going To China?

The Diary of our wait for Emma, somewhere in China

Monday, July 18, 2011

Dancing in the rain

I returned home from an errand on Saturday to find a very soaked Emma and Doug standing in the driveway while it was raining.  They were dancing in the rain and loving it.  A few minutes later as I was putting groceries away, I was brought a "present"...pee in a potty. The rain dance was in fact a celebratory potty dance.  Emma used the potty for the first time while I was gone, so Daddy took her dancing in the rain as a reward.

Emma has been showing serious signs of potty training readiness for months and in the last week, even more so, but we were on vacation and couldn't do anything about it.  We have stocked up on undies in preparation and purchased the Bjorn potty chair, in pink of course!  Yesterday I tried all morning to get her to use the potty, but she acted scared of the potty, whining and crying for me to pick her up, so I backed off because we don't want drama surrounding potty training.  Doug didn't have any drama the night before, so not sure what the difference was.  I tried making it as fun as possible, reading books and sitting on the the big throne myself to help her wait it out, but no dice.  I even ran water thinking she would not be able to resist...as soon as I put the diaper back on, she went, so she definitely has control of her "business".  Emma also stopped telling me she had "done her business" in her diaper yesterday too, probably in fear I would throw her on the potty if she sent me signals.  We will revisit the training again in a week or so. 

We have been reading potty books and even pretending to put Emma's baby on the potty, then clapping, trying to encourage how fun the potty is.  Emma loves the potty book, we read it almost everyday and she thinks the fact that her baby is wearing undies is awesome, so I thought yesterday would be way easier.  She hasn't really been 100% herself since returning from vacation, so this week isn't probably the best week to push hard on the training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones