When Are You Going To China?

The Diary of our wait for Emma, somewhere in China

Monday, June 13, 2011

Zoo, Zoo, Zoo!

We went to The Cincinnati Zoo for the first time today and Emma loved it!  In fact, I just purchased a membership so we can visit a lot more this year and attend the Festival of Lights at Christmas time.  The weather was perfect today, in the mid 70's and it did not get hot until right when we were leaving.  Emma did a lot of walking, a lot of being held by her Auntie T., Gramma Cheryl or Uncle Jeff and I (mom) spent the majority of time pushing a empty stroller with purses, lol.  I was old news today with this many helping hands, she was not having being held by me at all until it was lunch time when I gave her a slice of pizza and Moo-goo cookie dough ice cream for lunch. 

I can't say there was one animal in particular that Emma loved more than another, but she loved making monkey sounds and she loved saying "bear"...strangely enough, she seemed to like the alligators, which I thought would freak her out.  Emma did NOT love the Manatee exhibit...this exhibit is inside and kind of dark, so Emma got nervous and we made a quick pass-thru.  We will not be going into the Nocturnal or Reptile Houses anytime soon! 

After a 3 hour trip to the Zoo, it took a lot of singing and Tom-Foolery on the way home to keep her awake, but the effort was worth it!  Emma slept nearly 3 hours!  The Zoo will wear a kid and a mom out...I took an hour nap myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones