When Are You Going To China?

The Diary of our wait for Emma, somewhere in China

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stuffies and Dress up

Emma is all about her stuffed animals and baby dolls the last few weeks.  When she wakes in the morning, Emma wants every bit of her crib" friends" to come downstairs with her.  Yesterday, Doug took this desire to a whole new level after nap time...I love seeing her Fred Flintstone feet peeking out from all the stuffies in this pic.  I was in line at the grocery when I received this picture and was laughing like a loon all by myself...I was expecting the text to say, "pick up Pop-tarts", not our kid buried in stuffies.

Dress-up is also a fave lately.  Her Nana Karen showed up a few weeks ago with dress-up items and I posted a pic on Facebook of the getup.  Well, a co-worker saw the pic and donated his daughter's dress up items to us and Emma piles the clothes on everyday...she especially likes the faux heels, or click-clacks as we call them.  The other night, she had on about 3 layers of princess dresses, click-clacks and her winter hat...imagine stay-puff marshmallow man!

This weekend, we have all been under the weather and missed out on the gorgeous, cooler weather.  Emma developed a cold and passed it along, hitting her and Doug the worst.  I was ingesting loads of vitamin C, fruit smoothines and veggies all weekend, trying to stay one step healthier than the rest of them.  I made lots of soups and made sure lots of water was consumed.  Thank goodness Emma loves water...we still have issues with her drinking too much, but when an illness strikes, I am so happy she drinks this much. Fortunately, Emma is the happiest, sick kid, I have ever encountered.  Despite her "dripping faucet", she was singing her "ABC's" and "Hot Dog" songs plus dancing around, all weekend...I felt like a lead balloon, but not her.

"Mommy-daddy, daddy-mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, daddy"....this has been Emma's script, constantly...by the end of yesterday, I wanted some duct tape for either my ears or her mouth.  I had to go outside to place a phone call because she was saying it so much, she was screwing up the automated connection; the computer kept kicking me back to the beginning menu.  Doug was inside with Emma and said she must have said this no less than 50x's.  I could hear her behind our wood front door, albeit muffled and Doug said she was also on her tippy-toes peering out the bay window trying to get my attention...which I knew, but was ignoring.  Our kiddo oozes determination!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones