When Are You Going To China?

The Diary of our wait for Emma, somewhere in China

Friday, December 15, 2006

A Funny Picture

I didn't take this picture, but Grandpa and I did climb the Great Wall, in 2 different sections in 2002. Well, that's not exactly true...we didn't want to go where all the other tourists go, so we hired a driver and went to a section least visited. We figured out why it was least visited when we got there...you had to walk across the top of a Dam, with no railings, and approximately 3 feet wide, max.

My first steps out on the Dam created vertigo, so I immediately dropped to my knees and crawled back. One side of the Dam was full of water and the other side was bone dry. I can't explain the visual sensation it gave you, the empty and the full. Yes, I chickened out. Even if we had crawled across, this section of wall was not restored and you had to hike/climb up a very vertical side of the mountain just to get to a very crumbly section of The Great Wall.

The picture above is what our true Great Wall climb experience was like.

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lucky little girl Emma is going to be. WOW! To have a mommy and daddy like Jennifer and Doug.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones